Today many people look at the chandra chart (houses as counted from chandra) in the same way, as in Rashi chart, which is partially correct. There is a significant difference between planetary positions as seen from Lagna and as seen from Chandra. Normally, this is easy understood if we take into account that chandra stays in one sign more than 2 days. We cannot say that all people born during these days will experience the world in the same way. Where is the catch? Please, keep in mind the following points:
1. All houses from Chandra lagna are as seen from the “mind” point of view. Mind interacts with Intelligence and creates a world view. It forms what is known as Bhava, Hora and Ghati Lagna.
2. Each house from Chandra is ” a mantra” related. Note the words: Manas+Trai.
3. Houses from Chandra have some similar meaning, though at some points are fully opposite. For example, strong malefics in 2nd from Chandra will create office related problems, and problems with colleages.
4. Certain grahas as seen from Chandra are no longer grahas. They are Devatas.
5. Rahu in 6th from Chandra indicates that a person will have to fight a demon. See the chart of Shri Rama. He had to fight Ravana.
6. The houses from Chandra lagna indicates what a mind desires.
7. Seventh house from Chandra shows obsessions of the mind. Such obsessions may go fulfilled or unfulfilled depending on the other factors.
8. The jyotish classic “Saravali” gives a lot of points concerning chandra lagna.
9. Check the lagna trines and chandra kendras. The house which shows both will show the point where the mind and intelligence meet. Such house will have a profound impact in a native’s chart.
10. Twelveth house from the Moon shows what we have to give to the society/family. It shows our intimacy. Malefics here are very bad. The worst are the nodes, particularly Rahu which will surely give unclean intimate life and extra-marital affairs. If it is in shukra sign or related to shukra this can hardly be stopped. Other benefics or Shukra alone is considered very good and happy sign.
Please study Saravali, and I am open to discussion on the topic.
To be continued…
This is the second part of the Chandra Lagna, where some points about 4th from Chandra Lagna will be explained:
1. 4th house from Chandra is Ashraya or protection of the mind or body. The body protection is seen from the 4th house from Navamsa Chandra. Classical texts describe this position as 64th navamsa.
2. Malefic grahas in this house are extremely bad. They cause “dukha” or greif and make a person dukhi-unhappy. Benefic grahas clear the mind from negative thoughts, and give sukha or happiness. Malefic grahas also give bad quality to a mind. If there are no grahas, check the signs.
3. THe next step is to check wheteher there are sura or asura grahas there. Asura grahas are not good for spirituality. To remind you , asura grahas are Budha, Shukra, Shani, Rahu. Mangala though giving worries is considered Sura. Ketu is also sura. Such grahas are conducive for spiritual growth. This is important in the sense of spiritual discipline.
4. 4th lord, not grahas in the 4th house from Chandra, is responsible for bringing the mother into a native’s life.
How to remove the bad infleunce of grahas placed in the 4th from Chandra. The best remedy is bija mantra for Hridaya chakra, known as GAUM. Therefore, meditate on GAUM to cleanse the 4th house and all malefic infleunces from this house in the chart. Alternatively, you can do the mantra for Adhi Devata of Malefic graha in the 4th from chandra.
Another remedial measure is to follow the grahas placed in the 10th house from Chandra. Such grahas cannot be stopped and are crucial to indicate the money we earn from society.
Grahas in 10th from Chandra cannot be stopped. Their infleunce in the chart shows demand coming from society and they are sure signs of income in the chart. No wonder, Saravali gave the whole chapter on effects of these grahas. Please study Saravali for additional effects.
I am not going to quote the effects from Saravali, however, a few points are interesting to note. Malefic grahas aspected by benefics are good for karma of Jyotisha, priest or a doctor, those who gain money for removing the suffering of others. Malefics alone give bad karma towards society.
Digbali grahas from Chandra take a person abroad. This is particularly noted for Mangal and Surya in 10th from Chandra. Guru in 10th from Chandra is one of the best form of Gajakeshari Yoga. Shani in 10th from Chandra gives troubles in life, poverty and unhappiness from children.
To be continued….