Contrary to many ordinary beleiefs, Ketu has a crucial say on marriage and progeny. His position in the chart will tell a lot about relationships and marriage, as well as children. I was asked to clarify the position of the Ketu in 12th house. There is a lot to say about this position.
1. It is one of the worst position in a chart for a long and healthy marriage.
2. Ketu in this position will affect health and cause mistakes and wrong decisions. It can cause downfalls in profession, yet promote spiritual activities. For a spirituality it should be debilitated. It also causes accidents, unless benefic planet is placed in 4th house. It will damage younger siblings, and even kill one of them if Mars is in 9th house at the same time. It can give two marriages, unless guru or budha are in 5th house. And so on…
3. Regarding relationships it will break within 3 years, or untill the child comes. The blessing of Ganesh is necessary. If at the same time, Rahu affects Upapada or 2nd from it, the marriage is impossible or failure respectively.
4. If ketu is in Meena Rashi in 12th house, in Stri Jataka (female horoscopy), no marraige or two marriages are sure depending on other positions.
5. Vrishaba Lagna will suffer terrible calamity around the time of marriage or childbirth
6. Mituna Lagna will suffer at the hands of enemies but will have a long life, if ketu is in 12th house
7. Karka Lagna will be very spiritual, but childbirth bring problems etc
Therefore, for each lagna, ketu will give different results. THere are certain positions which will enhance Ketu’s infleunce. These are Surya in 9th house and Chandra in 3rd house. Under such layout of Planets, a person will terribly suffer in relationships. If at the same time, Shukra is in 7th house, Chandra in 10th house, and Malefics conjoin Surya in 9th house, there will be no children, inspite of remedial measures.
Furthere, a lot will depend on the position of Lagna Lord. For example if Lagna lord is placed in 2nd or 7th house, while the Ketu is in 12th house, a person will terribly suffer both mentally and physically.
Now, once we located the problem are there any positions which can block the ketu. Actually, there are certian planetary positions which will completely block the Ketu, and in such charts, you will find those people settled in happy relationships and no problems will be visible.
Actually, there are many things to be learnt from the tradition which cannot be found in standard jyotisha books. Tradition also teaches graha phalam or planetary positions for each planet in each house, which can hardly be found in any of the translated jyotisha texts. Due to the lack of time and certain positions of planets, I have never taught effects of the planets in houses, in the way I was taught by my Jyotish Guru. One among these segments is position of Ketu. When the time allows I will add other planetary positions, since there are many specific points about planets in 12th house, which cannot be found in standard jyotisha texts. For example Surya in 12th house can give extremely succesful and rich people who may top the society, however certain other conditions are required. Why would chandra in 12th house give the blessings of mother who will never live to see her widowhood, and why would such position cause demise of close friends? When will Mangal give defeat from enemies, loss of power and authority, if placed in 12th house? Under which circumstances will Rahu give a shock and tragedy in foreign land? Budha in 12th house will destroy finance and may even give a speech problems like stammering under certain combinations etc. Guru in 12th house will destroy at least one child or heavily damage its fortune, and choices and decisions will be fully futile under certain infleunces etc. Shukra in 12th house can completelly block the fortune of sisters etc. Shani in 12th house can block birth of a child and give childlessness in certain combinations. What is the real implication of Lagna Lord in 12th house, and what is the link of the 12th lord with Lagna and Karaka Lagna? How to see 8 types of bondages of karma from the 12th house? Such positions will be explained as soon as the time allows.
To be continued with positions which block Ketu in 12th house ….